GI 44-45 Living History Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baggy Pants and Warm Beer

2 posters

Go down

Baggy Pants and Warm Beer Empty Baggy Pants and Warm Beer

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 am

I've just ordered a copy of Baggy Pants and Warm Beer from Amazon. If anyone hasn't seen it before it's all about the 504th in Leicestershire. I won't get a chance to read it until I get back from the desert but when I do I'll do a bit of a write up on it.

I've always enjoyed reading books about the US forces in the UK prior to the invasion as I think that for all those young guys from small towns in the US coming to the UK must have been such an experience, even with our warm beer and bad plumbing!

Back to top Go down

Baggy Pants and Warm Beer Empty Re: Baggy Pants and Warm Beer

Post  murph Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:47 am

Sounds like a good reference book for our Quorn camp Jon.

murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:55 am

Yeah it's a good book Jon. A lot of places in there we will actually be visiting this weekend (sorry mate! Wink 

Daz introduced us to it earlier in the year and I think a few of us got a copy afterwards.

I'm sure we'll be posting up a few of our own now and then pics next week!

Dan
Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm glad it's a good book guys. I remember seeing it advertised a long time ago but I forgot to get a copy, but fortunately Amazon reminded me tihs week!

I've been to the 504th camp before but I don't really remember it as it was a couple of years ago now but I'll be taking the book around with me this time!

Hope you all have a good time this weekend going around there and I hope you get some photos up on here!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum