GI 44-45 Living History Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price

3 posters

Go down

Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price Empty Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:42 am

As the title suggests I'm after a new M41 jacket and just wondered what peeps thoughts were on where the best ones are at the moment.

Ideally I want to ship it to this god forsaken rock so I can claim the VAT back on it (one of the few benefits of a BFPO!)

SoF are the most obvious choice and easiest to order from but I'm not sure of their current batch, does anyone know?

Back to top Go down

Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price Empty Re: Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price

Post  murph Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:08 pm

It's been ages since I bought one Jon, my 'original' jacket from SOF seven years ago was ok albeit I've seen better material on other jackets, of course by now they will be onto a new batch.

murph

Back to top Go down

Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price Empty Re: Best M41 jackets at a reasonable price

Post  Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Thanks Murph. I ended up having a look on SoF's site and have bought one of the Kay Canvas M41 jackets. It looks ok from the photos and they atuomatically deduct the VAT due to it going to a BFPO address so worked out at about £45 which isn't a bad price.

When it arrives I'll put some photos of it on Whatsapp as I haven't seen any Kay Canvas stuff before and I'm interested to see the quality. If it's any good I'll buy one of their M42 uniforms as it might be a good cheap alternative to the US vendors.

Back to top Go down

Post  samharris45 Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:15 am

Id be interest in seeing how this turns out mate. Keep us posted. I see on the various FB groups that people mention ATF jackets are good. Never seen one to confirm though.
samharris45
samharris45

http://www.wwiireenactor.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dragoon_44 Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:49 am

I am also after a new M41 jacket mate so again would be keen on seeing the results
dragoon_44
dragoon_44

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:05 pm

If the posties do their job I should have it by the ned of next week. When I do I'll put photos up on Whatsapp. I can't put them on here unfortunately due to the filters for image hostings sites and I don't fancy doing it at home between midnight and 6am when we get free internet!

Happy to write a review on it though. I'm probably going to order one from ATF too as I want 3 of them (1 for 82nd, 1 for 101st, 1 for whatever Inf Div we are portraying).

I'm hoping it's a good enough quality as it'll be the bench mark to see if I buy any more of their stuff.

I've also got an M42 from WW2 Imp at my Mother In Laws place in the US so will do the same whenever I get my grubby mits on that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down