GI 44-45 Living History Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers

+3
Gina_Costina
TonyM
Dantheman
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers Empty Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers

Post  Dantheman Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Thought I would post up about this new series of books that is now available..

http://heroesinourmidst.net/About_the_Book_2.html

I had a look at volume 1 at the Old Buck event a few weeks back where Martin of Quartermaster stores (aka - the patch man!) was showing myself and Tony. This certainly looks like a definite buy for anyone with a serious interest in the US airborne forces in WW2!

It comes in at 100 euros per volume and there will be 3 volumes in the series I believe. A fair whack I know but this will be the absolute bible in terms of reference material and no doubt a collectors item itself in years to come! This trumps the books Geronino or Amercias Finest, no problems!

http://heroesinourmidst.net/About_the_Book_2.html

Certainly on my Christmas list!

Dan

Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers Empty Re: Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers

Post  TonyM Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 pm

From what Dan and I saw of volume one, this will be THE reference material. It had page after page of photos for each item showing different manufactuers and styles. It is a big outlay, but compared to others, not expensive.
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers Empty Re: Heroes in our midst - LTC(Ret.) John R. Angolia & Jake Powers

Post  Gina_Costina Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Cheers for the heads up Dan. I put my "Birthday money" towards it and just ordered a copy...I'll bring along to the AGM
Gina_Costina
Gina_Costina

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:36 pm

Nice one! Look forward to a proper look as it looked bloody good I have to say! Very Happy 

Dan

Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  Gina_Costina Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Of course that means "First Airborne Task force" gets a back seat again. Perhaps my Police Pension will pay for that bad boy as well as one copy for each member of the group....
Gina_Costina
Gina_Costina

Back to top Go down

Post  murph Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 am

Looks like a good book. So this is volume one of three then? Wonder if it is going to be published in the UK?

murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:21 am

Sure is! Your looking at a good 300 euro outlay for the complete series!

I'm pretty sure that it is going to be a one off run limited to 'X' copies, so this could well indeed be the 'First Airborne Task Force' book(s) of tomorrow!

If your all going to snap one up, make sure you guys leave a copy available for me! Wink 

Dan
Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyM Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Johnny_Costino wrote:Cheers for the heads up Dan. I put my "Birthday money" towards it and just ordered a copy...I'll bring along to the AGM
Great stuff, think I'll get a copy, where did you order from?
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Gina_Costina Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:46 pm

TonyM wrote:
Johnny_Costino wrote:Cheers for the heads up Dan. I put my "Birthday money" towards it and just ordered a copy...I'll bring along to the AGM
Great stuff, think I'll get a copy, where did you order from?
Amazon...the first seller suddenly realized they didn't have a copy (asshole!) so I got from somebody else. Please don't ask me what I paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gina_Costina
Gina_Costina

Back to top Go down

Post  samharris45 Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 am

what did you pay lol
samharris45
samharris45

http://www.wwiireenactor.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gina_Costina Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 am

Grrr!!
Gina_Costina
Gina_Costina

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyM Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:29 pm

samharris45 wrote:what did you pay lol
lol! 

Well guess I'll order one too. Early xmas present for myself Laughing 
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Post  samharris45 Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Johnny_Costino wrote:Grrr!!
Tony try growling, it seemed to work for Paul! Ha ha
samharris45
samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:47 pm

Ah cock, yet another few books to buy!!!

My bookcase is straining under the weight let alone the floor it's on!

It looks like a cracking series and I have learnt the hard way with the De Trez book, that buying when published saves the wallet and a lot of heart ache in the future!

(FABTF set me back £99! Although gievn some prices I consider that bloody cheap - although the armed guard I keep it under is the expensive bit! I'm never letting that darn book leave my office!!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  samharris45 Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:40 pm

jon_short wrote:Ah cock, yet another few books to buy!!!

My bookcase is straining under the weight let alone the floor it's on!

It looks like a cracking series and I have learnt the hard way with the De Trez book, that buying when published saves the wallet and a lot of heart ache in the future!

(FABTF set me back £99! Although gievn some prices I consider that bloody cheap - although the armed guard I keep it under is the expensive bit! I'm never letting that darn book leave my office!!!)
Jon have you seen what the FABTF book is going for now on amazon! I think I'll be able to swap my copy for a jeep soon!
samharris45
samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm not surprised mate, that's why I bought his Market Garden books when I did!!! Just need the elusive Guth book now!

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyM Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Got my copy today, already had a good thumb through it, can't wait to have time to sit down and read Very Happy 
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice one Tony!!

Grrrrrrr, got to wait until Xmas to get my hands on my copy.

Apparently volume 2 comes out in the next few weeks... ££££!!!!

Dan
Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 am

Well hopefully if Santa has done his job I should be getting this for Christmas!

I hope the series lives up to expectations as from the publishers website it looks fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gina_Costina Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 am

Well to give you an idea, it goes in to detail about the different types of jump towers they had, another nice piece on ovals, Oh and dummy paratroopers (not the thick human type)
Gina_Costina
Gina_Costina

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Johnny_Costino wrote:Well to give you an idea, it goes in to detail about the different types of jump towers they had, another nice piece on ovals, Oh and dummy paratroopers (not the thick human type)
I can't wait! Santa has confirmed it's on the sleigh and will be delivered on the 25th! Just need Vol 2 and 3 to be published now!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:44 pm

News just in....

Apparently Volume 1 has now sold out if you're buying directly from the actual publishers but is obviously still available via amazon and other bookshops etc ...although it seems already at an inflated price!

Volume 2 is apparently loosely scheduled for release next week ('the first week in December') and can be pre-ordered from the publishers already. Not seen anything about the release anywhere else though?

Invest now guys!!! Wink 

Dan
Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyM Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Glad I got my copy, it's a great resource and we'll worth the money. Guess I'll have to find the money for Vol 2 Shocked 
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantheman Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:40 pm

A quick heads up for those that are awaiting the release of Vol 2 - It is now on sale and is currently available via Amazon UK at £70!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1932970266/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&sr=&qid=

I've just placed my order and can't wait to read it!!! bounce

Get in quick!!
Dantheman
Dantheman

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyM Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:22 pm

All sold out Shocked that was quick
TonyM
TonyM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next